Business as usual

Went to the Lori Wyman casting seminar this week in Hollywood, Florida. I took some time to relax by the beach and get some sun while learning the business here in sunny Florida. What an eye opening experience! Lori had people go in front of the room and perform parts of a script, this is called "sides". It was so interesting to get a peek inside the casting process. A lot of people just didn't get it and some did very well. We ran out of time before I could get a chance to go up in front to perform but nevertheless it was very informative....I'm glad I went. I read for Lori once at a callback for the show "The Glades" on A&E....can't wait to go back to read for her again. I'm sure to book the next audition...that is my goal. There were lots of people there and I got to network with my fellow actor Floridians. There is definitely more opportunity in the south but hey, I'm willing to travel for the right opportunity. Not to mention, I also got to submit my husband for a part on the show "Burn Notice". Lori does the casting for that show too. Can't wait to see more shows come to Florida.

Comments