Panama City Grandma!


52 year old woman I am...
I think this was the best before and after experience I ever had on a job. Went to Panama City for a three day modeling shoot for a major tourist company in Florida. When I arrived at the fitting I was told that the children I would be working with would be playing my grandchildren!  What!!! you are kidding me right??  I absolutely couldn't believe that I had been cast to play 10 years older than my actual age.  In this business you want to definitely play younger not older than you are. I guess I have reached my new demographic, hey if I can get paid to play an older woman then I guess that is what I will be doing from now on. Surprisingly it was a good experience and I had a blast on set and off.

The crew was fantastic and accommodated us in every way and I say that because it was 20 degrees out that day, as a matter of fact, it was the coldest day so far this year, even the palm trees had been covered up to protect them from the frost. That being said, we had to wear summer clothes because the shoot depicted us outside dining during the summer. I wondered how they were going to pull this off and make the shot look real, well to my surprise they had these heaters that blew really hot direct heat on us while we were shooting and every bit of heat helped to keep us sitting in those chairs at the table, if they hadn't had those heaters I don't think I could have made it look like it was hot outside. We pulled it off and the shoot was a success, cold weather, my grandma looks and all!

Comments