Good Cake

Working with food is good.....especially chocolate cake! I am crazy about chocolate...so when I got the chance to do a commercial for a major grocery store chain that was promoting chocolate cake...I was so excited. My excitement turned to torture when I could only look and act like I was eating the cake and not actually taste it. What was I thinking...I came to work not eat. The day of the shoot began rainy and cold and to be honest with you I wasn't in the mood to sit outside in a tent all day to wait until I was needed on set....but the crew made it comfortable and got all us peeps some nice heaters.  Towards mid-day the sun came out just in time for lunch and we all ate outside. Crafts services was so good and they had cake! Not the same cake as the commercial cake but they had good cake and I had a slice of all four cakes. I wish I could cook like that at home....

Me and Rachael Thompson
Although the day started off not so great it was a great shoot and the director was great! The director always had the crew and cast cracking up...for example, when a table prop needed to be brought and placed just right on the table he would have the crew clap at the prop handler and praise him/her for doing a great job while placing the prop on the table....then he would say "Keep it light, keep it light"....that meant to just not get too serious and have fun! I loved the experience and I wish all directors would make working on set less stressful and keep it light. Next time I'm going to keep it light and not eat so much...dang!



Comments