"Strickly Background" The Movie


Being a customer with my girls, Ro & Daphne


As a cashier, I see you Lucious.
In the bakery dept.
"Strickley Background" is the name of a movie I watched on Netflix last night. It's about this group of background extras who pride themselves on their work as extras. Although they have never made it onto the big screen in a speaking role, they are sure of one thing, background extras are important too. The group of 10 actors in this film are "special", and I only say that to say, that the film producers focused on a group of people who are not like your typical drop dead gorgeous young actors who move to Hollywood to make it in the business, they are average everyday looking people, who keep it real, if you know what I mean.  I've done my share of extra work in this business...sometimes, you just need to be on set and meet other people who are also pursuing their dreams of being in this business. 
After taking a long, long break from the business, it really is one of the best ways to get your feet wet again, make some descent union money and eat very well.


 






Comments