WHAT'S UP! It's Been A While



I can't believe how life gets away from you. Since moving back from China in 2013 I've been busy trying to find my way back into my acting career in my hometown of Columbus, Ohio. After living in Los Angeles for 10 years, I never thought I could find as much acting work anywhere else but LA. That is not the case today. The acting industry has changed considerably since the rise of globalism and access to the internet has opened up.

When I started this blog I was living in Tampa, Florida and now I am back in Columbus, Ohio, where I was born and raised.  I've been slowly finding my voice again since moving back from China, almost 5 years ago! Within this time I have had some major growth in my career as an actor and I know now that I am finally ready to move to the next level of my career, not because of anything but my own maturity as an older woman now.

I am writing this post after getting a long-awaited speaking role in a major motion picture starring a major star (I'll get to that in a later post)! For now, this post is about recapping some of my working roles since revamping my career in Ohio. Here are some photos from some of those working experiences.


Energy company shoot. The house we shot in was AMAZING! I'll post photos later

Another Prudential family that I end of giving advice to for this training video.

ADR for Prudential 

In the bathroom for a Columbia Gas website shoot. Photos of the house to come later.

Scioto Downs commercial playing on the screens in downtown Columbus. 

My family for a film shoot in Athens, Ohio.

Writing prescriptions for a marketing brochure.

Saw this on the Netflix show Explained. My daughter Athena was 3!


ADR for the film "Bucket"




Driving scene for the film "Bucket"

Last day of shooting with the Director for "Bucket" Sean Mangan

On set for a Kentucky hospital video. The shortest time on set ever!  1 Hour!

Me as a massage therapist for a transit company commercial

Getting a look in before filming

Playing a Pharmacist! 

With my pretend sister and father for a Prudential shoot.

My view as I act while reading the teleprompter

So tired in this shot! The show must go on!
Radio interview for my non-profit organization's mentoring program

My goal in 2019 will be to not get behind in these posts. There is so much to learn and experience from every acting job. Follow me on this journey!



www.patriciamcbride.com












Here is the commercial for the Eldorado Scioto Downs commercial.
Scioto Downs commercial shoot

Comments