More Power


Me and my dog buddy Jake working

Me and hubby Aloiye

     No matter how many times it happens, it's always exciting to hear that you booked a lead role. In this case I booked the lead role in a commercial for Gulf Power. I'm getting lucky with booking jobs with clients who are friendly and supportive of what you bring to the table. And bring something to the table in this case that meant working with an animal. I wasn't sure I could pull this one off because I didn't know anyting about the kind of dog I would be working with...yes, I said dog....not a snake or any other type of exotic animal..a dog....okay, so I am not that much of an animal person but I was being paid to do it so I had to pull this off and make it look natural, however if this job had me working with a cat then I guess I would of had to turn down the job because that is where I draw the line!....it's a long story but let's say that me and cats don't get along too well.  I showed up and saw that the dog was a cute small (like small) Jack Russel Terrier. There were two different dogs and each one had its own individual qualities that were needed for the commerical, although only one dog would be represented in the commerical. There was an older Terrier that did the in home scenes with me and my on-camera husband, Aloiye.... which called for the dog to follow me around the house as I worked on making my home more energy efficient. The other Terrier that was much younger, did scenes in the front yard where he had to do flips. I pulled it off and had great chemistry with both dogs and even fed the older Terrier before each scene we did together....it was the only way the dog would follow my commands while we worked together. It was a blast to have worked with both dogs! I surprised myself and made it work.  In addition to working with the two dogs, my on-camera husband Aloiye was great, we worked well together and I didn't even have to feed him to get him to work with me..ha,ha. Oh well, yet again another great experience getting me back in the game.


My Team
 



Comments